[Commotion-dev] Compiled images for ath5k, ar71xx, pending support ticket about periodic snapshot builds

Ben West me at benwest.name
Mon May 21 07:40:17 UTC 2012

Hi All,

In aftermath from Friday's hackathon, here are recent compiled
Commotion-opewrt images for ath5k and ath9k targets, including the
.config files I used and images for UBNT M and Buffalo devices:
http://info.gowasabi.net/commotion-openwrt/openwrt/

I have so far successfully flashed these devices, and afterwards
telnetted into 192.168.1.20 to configure them:
- a really crusty old FON2100 (openwrt-atheros-root.squashfs and
openwrt-atheros-vmlinux.lzma)
- UBNT Nanostation Loco M2
(openwrt-ar71xx-generic-ubnt-nano-m-squashfs-factory.bin)
- UBNT Bullet M2 (openwrt-ar71xx-generic-ubnt-bullet-m-squashfs-factory.bin)

After telnetting into each device to set a root password, I rebooted
them.  All 3 nodes are now meshing w/ each other (can ping / ssh
between them), confirming basic operation of both the ath5k ad ath9k
drivers.

Do note the ath5k images DO NOT have any luci packages compiled into
the images, but are available as separate *.ipk files at the URL
above.  I did this since the FON has only 16MB RAM, and just the bare
image w/o the web UI leaves less than 1MB in free RAM.  Newer ath5k
devices like the Open Mesh OM1P and Engenius EOC-1650 should have at
least 32MB RAM to handle the web UI.

Finally, leading from discussion on IRC, I added a support ticket
requesting periodic (e.g. nightly or weekly) snapshot builds located
on the code.commotionwireless.net server for popular targets like
ath5k and ar71xx.
https://code.commotionwireless.net/issues/308

--
Ben West