[Commotion-dev] Can't talk between desktop OLSRd and Commotion OpenWRT boxes

Mikael Nordfeldth mmn at hethane.se
Wed Mar 6 16:49:44 UTC 2013

> I would suggest though trying the same
> version of olsrd on the devices and see if that helps. We have a fork
> of
> the latest release of olsrd you could try building and running on the
> devices: https://github.com/opentechinstitute/olsrd.
>
> Another thing I would suggest is doing a packet capture on the devices
> and look for the HELLO messages, to see if the devices are announcing
> themselves properly.

I noticed now that the log (output from olsrd rather than the txtinfo
plugin) reported "sendto(v4): Invalid argument" occasionally.
(and packet capturing shows no packages are sent _from_ my wlan
interface by olsrd - keeping in mind that routing works and I can do ssh
etc.)

I'll try compiling a new olsrd on my desktop and play around a bit
more. Thanks for your input!

--
Mikael Nordfeldth
http://blog.mmn-o.se/