[Commotion-discuss] liability insurance for rooftop wireless installations?

Ben West ben at gowasabi.net
Mon Oct 7 13:18:43 UTC 2013

Well, this does certainly answer a rather burning question I've had about
scattering small rooftop antenna rigs on other people's rooftops around
town.  Thank you.

Ben, could speak to any expectations you've encountered from your insurance
carrier about antenna mounting equipment that can be used?  That is, has
your carrier indicated whether they tend to prefer clients only using
off-the-shelf tripods, brackets, lightning grounding units, etc, or if
they've shown some tolerance for DIY gear?

Cheers!

On Mon, Oct 7, 2013 at 3:54 AM, Georgia Bullen <
georgia at opentechinstitute.org> wrote:

> Apologies to those on this thread, but I'm bringing this over to the
> commotion-discuss list to see if anyone here has thoughts on insurance
> (Andy's idea).
>
> Please share if you do! Also - Hoboken/NYC Wireless friends, if you aren't
> on the commotion-discuss and are interested, you can join here:
>
> -Georgia
>

> On Tue, Oct 1, 2013 at 4:02 PM, Ben N Serebin <ben at nycwireless.net> wrote:
>
>> Annual insurance premium for $1m liability is $425 for us. The company we
>> use is "The Hartford". But it was originally sourced via:
>>
>> http://www.techinsurance.com/
>>
>> -Ben

Ben West
http://gowasabi.net