[Commotion-discuss] Strange Splash Page Behavior

Dan Hastings dhastings at abaarsotech.org
Tue Oct 15 16:27:06 UTC 2013

I just set up our second commotion network at school for the teachers. I
put the network on a different channel (7) and added WPA2-PSK
encryption.  The first odd thing I noticed was when using the
unencrypted student network I picked up the wrong DNS servers.

I also noticed that I could connect to the student network and receive a
really good signal from my room. Normally I could not even connect to
the student network from this location.  It seemed like the two networks
were intertwined but when I checked the OLSR page they are definitely
not connected. I'm not sure if this is an issue I have with my router or
with my commotion nodes.

I'm using the latest overnight build on the teacher encrypted network
and just the DR2 stable release on the student network.

Thanks for the the help.

Dan