[Commotion-discuss] using a wireless gateway for a commotion router

Josh King jking at opentechinstitute.org
Wed Feb 18 11:24:27 EST 2015

Actually, you could not easily configure the Commotion node in the front
of the building to be a wireless client, not if it needs to mesh using
the same radio. The mac80211 wifi drivers can't effectively utilize an
adhoc-mode interface and a client-mode interface on the same radio. Your
best bet is probably what has been suggested already, and adding
additional routers to bridge the connection.