[Commotion-discuss] Geting funding for a wireless mesh project

dpeel at vtlink.net dpeel at vtlink.net
Wed May 27 15:54:08 EDT 2015

We're working on a pilot wireless mesh project in a downtown low income area in a small town in northern Vermont. We're doing pretty well with our own resources so far including some donated equipment, but if we are to involve very many residents we will need more money to provide free routers as most people here are not able to afford it themselves. We've thought about becoming a non-profit but that looks really complicated! We also thought about looking for an organization that is already a non-profit under which we could work to apply for grants. Or we could try crowdfunding? Does anybody have any insights or suggestions? Thanks--Diane