[Commotion-discuss] Send mesh routes to upstream router

Georgia Bullen georgia at opentechinstitute.org
Thu Jul 14 14:50:13 UTC 2016

That's great! As Josh mentioned -- if you want to document what you did we
could add it to the website so others can follow your example.

Thanks for sharing Chris!

-Georgia

On Thu, Jul 14, 2016 at 10:45 AM, Christopher Munz-Michielin <
christopher at ve7alb.ca> wrote:

> Hi Josh,
>
> We did some testing last night and I just wanted to update you that the
> BGP routing was successful!  I was able to see the OSLR routes populate in
> the BGP routing table, and, after adding the upstream subnet to the HNA
> announcements I was able to access the upstream network from mesh clients
> with no NAT.
>
> Cheers!
> Chris
>

> On 13/07/2016 11:02, Josh King wrote:
>
>> Hey Christopher,
>>
>> That was pretty much what I was going to suggest, you beat me to it :-)
>>
>> Let me know how that works. If it works out of the box it may be
>> something worth documenting for
>> other users who want to use auxiliary routing protocols to interconnect
>> networks.
>>
>> On Mon, 2016-07-11 at 10:20 -0700, Christopher Munz-Michielin wrote:
>>
>>> Hey Josh,
>>>
>>> Just wanted to update you on this as I managed to get Quagga and bgpd
>>> installed/configured. The trick was to change my repository to the
>>> vanilla OpenWRT repo
>>> (
>>> http://downloads.openwrt.org/barrier_breaker/14.07/ar71xx/generic/packages/routing/
>>> ),
>>> and run 'opkg install quagga quagga-bgpd quagga-zebra'  After that I was
>>> able to configure the software as normal and brought up the adjacency
>>> without issue.
>>>
>>> I'll do some testing later to make sure the OSLR routes are being
>>> advertised (I did enable 'redistribute oslr' in the config) just don't
>>> have any mother mesh nodes connected right now to verify with.
>>>
>>> Cheers!
>>> Chris

>> PGP Fingerprint: 8269 ED6F EA3B 7D78 F074 1E99 2FDA 4DA1 69AE 4999

Georgia Bullen
Director of Technology Projects
Open Technology Institute <http://newamerica.org/oti/> @ New America
<http://newamerica.org>
740 15th Street NW, Suite 900, Washington DC, 20005
@georgiamoon <http://twitter.com/georgiamoon>