[CMI-CM] CMI Critical Minimum Demonstrates the Need for a Critical Mass!

Arun Bhalla bhalla at uiuc.edu
Mon Jul 30 11:44:01 CDT 2001

Cope Cumpston writes:
> but this report makes me more determined to get out there and make our
> presence known. I can put some energy into it, with an effort to get students
> out for the August ride. I'd propose that we build a plan for the 31st. I can
> do some flyering and calling to get publicity.

Unfortunately I couldn't make it to the June or July rides, but I'm looking
forward to the August ride, as I do every month.  It would be good to bring
in other community members (e.g. commuters) in addition to students, if
possible.  I don't know of great ways to do so, so I'll stand by Ol'
Faithful: flyering walls & bikes, sending out announcements to media
outlets such as WEFT, IMC, News Gazette, Octopus, Daily Illini, etc., and
talking to people / friends.  I think a good way to reach students
would be to at least leave a bunch of flyers on Quad Day at an allied RSO's
table (such as maybe Students for Environmental Concerns) if not actively
promoting it in other ways, getting a notice in the Daily Illini, and chalking
and flyering like mad.

I'll definitely help with making copies and flyering.

Arun