[C-U Smokefree] FW: (SMARTalk)WYOMING'S FIRST CLEAN INDOOR AIR ORIDNACE!

Kathy Drea kdrea at lungil.org
Wed Nov 3 16:16:15 CST 2004

-----Original Message-----
From: smartalk at smartalk.org [mailto:smartalk at smartalk.org] On Behalf Of
Sarah Growney
Sent: Wednesday, November 03, 2004 4:15 PM
To: smartalk at smartalk.org
Subject: (SMARTalk)WYOMING'S FIRST CLEAN INDOOR AIR ORIDNACE!

I am writing this on behalf of Jan Drury with the American Heart
Association
in Wyoming.

It is my absolute pleasure to announce that Wyoming has it's first ever
smokefree indoor air ordinance!!!!!  Not only is this the first
ordinance in
Wyoming- BUT IT IS COMPREHENSIVE.  Laramie will no longer have smoking
in
restaurants, bars, private clubs, truck stops, bingo halls, bowling
alleys,
or any OTHER workplace!!!!

Congratulations to the city council members of Laramie who originally
had
the courage to pass this ordinance, and now the voters who confirmed
that a
healthier Laramie was important to them!

The vote had a 3% margin- 6100 for with 5800 against.

Again, sincere congratulations, thanks, and gratitude go out to the city
council members, the citizens of Laramie, a very brave group of people
called Smokefree Laramie, all the voters of Laramie, and all the
national
and local supporters and voluntary groups.

Results apparently won't become official until Friday, but the results
are
secure, and at this time we are asking the tobacco industry to "concede
Laramie!"

Sarah Mikesell Growney
Northern Plains Health Alliance
American Heart Assn./Pacific Mtn. Affiliate
2537 Beartooth Dr.
Cody, WY 82414
307-527-6311- Phone
307-527-6321- Fax