[C-U Smokefree] News-Gazette story and Meeting Tuesday night

Scott Hays sphcusmokefree at yahoo.com
Mon May 23 12:38:24 CDT 2005

Hi to all of our community supporters,

http://www.news-gazette.com/localnews/story.cfm?Number=18269

Above is a link to our News-Gazette story from Saturday.  Council Member Mike LaDue got some details about our Community Forum (which we're working to correct), but overall, this is an excellent article sure to help promote our cause throughout the community.

More than ever, people need to contact council members to express their preferences and make plans to attend this council study session, whenever it gets scheduled.

We are meeting tomorrow night and putting the final touches on an information packet to council members.  We will discuss our next steps, and will vote on the nomination of CU Smokefree member Matt Varble as our new "Director of Public Relations."  We will ge giving members more detailed updates about the events of the past week leading up to the News-Gazette article.

We're meeting at Ned Kelly's Restaurant at 7pm.  Feel free to order food or drinks as you wish, and there is no expectation of a purchase.

CU Smokefree!

Prez Scott

sphcusmokefree at yahoo.com
778-2645