[CUWiN-Dev] Setting Up UML Image

Quantum Scientific Info at Quantum-Sci.com
Fri Mar 18 15:28:13 CST 2005

On Friday 18 March 2005 14:57, David Young wrote:
> >From my perspective, you hastily sent the mailing list a question that
> you ought to have taken to the manual pages, instead.

From my perspective, you cannot be relied on as a collaborator.  I was
actually telling you that I had just spent a -full- day, unsuccessfully
attempting a -collateral- operation, which it would have taken you -one
minute- to help with.  My intent was to get on with business, rather than
bit-twiddling, and it is disturbing that you don't understand that yet.

> Were you reading the manual pages for the right system?

Please.  What if I were so condescending to you?

> Pay close attention to what the programs tell you.  In your previous
> e-mail, mdconfig printed a helpful message---sometimes I overlook messages
> just like this after I get all bleary-eyed or frustrated from hacking
> all day:
>
> usage: mdconfig <device> <512-byte-blocks>
>
> It sounds to me like you are trying to run NetBSD inside of a "virtual"
> Linux.

No, as I said, I was running the NetBSD Live CD.  I was running -native- BSD
David.  Yes I saw that message, and if you'll look more closely, I'd tried to
address that error as best I understood it.

I've decided that I am not interested in learning BSD after this experience.
The culture is foul, the OS seems primitive, and there is no fallback support
here.

Carl Cook