[Cu-wireless] status report

David Young dyoung at ojctech.com
Thu Dec 19 03:31:04 CST 2002

There are new stations at Zach's and at Peter Miller's next-door
neighbor's. Zach's begins a new network in the vicinity of Urbana
High School.

I can barely pick up Zach's at my house, and only if I stick the antenna
out the front window in the attic. The roof seems to soak up the signal
like a sponge.

At my house, the signal strength hovers around -90dBm. That is way under
the LinkSys radio's -80dBm receive sensitivity, but it was just strong
enough that I could ssh to Zach's with a Senao card.

Ivan's house is a little nearer to Zach's, I think. Hopefully the signal
strength is higher there. If it is, then several of Ivan's neighbors
(including me) should be able to get connected.

We will run out of antennas, soon.

It is still on my to-do list to survey Perry's house.

dyoung at ojctech.com      Engineering from the Right Brain
                        Urbana, IL * (217) 278-3933