[Cu-wireless] Faster 802.11b:

niteshad at whopper.de niteshad at whopper.de
Tue Oct 15 16:03:47 CDT 2002

My D-link wireless broadband router has the new TI 22 Mbps chips in it.
The only real problem with noise that I've noticed is that, when I'm out on my
balcony with the laptop, the connection dies when the Air Conditioner kicks
on.  The AC unit is on the first story, beside my downstairs neighbors
patio.  After the motor on the AC unit is spinning, I get my connection back.

I'm actually rather surprised at ZDnet, this TI technonology has be out
since late last spring.  Why did it take so long for them to notice it?  They
are usually hot to sell themselves to the highest bidder for a review (I
subscribed to Computer Shopper for several years.)

regards,

Mark

--
Sent through Global Message Exchange - http://www.gmx.net