[Cu-wireless] mesh networks and local government

niteshad at whopper.de niteshad at whopper.de
Wed Sep 11 12:45:02 CDT 2002

Dave,

Even if there were such a law in Champaign county, the political unit is
small enough, and we are politically connected enough, that we could quite
likely get such a law changed in our favor, if we needed to.  If wireless
groups can convince local governments of the civic and public good which comes
from open wireless networks, I think that these rules will start to
disappear.

<Sigh> When will governments learn that they're doing the best job when
they're doing the least amount of governing?

regards,

Mark

--
Sent through Global Message Exchange - http://www.gmx.net