[Cu-wireless] Wirless Router Issue

David Young dyoung at pobox.com
Fri Aug 1 11:59:37 CDT 2003

On Fri, Aug 01, 2003 at 04:26:28AM -0500, Ralph Johnson wrote:
> The problem is that the netbsd router is connected to
> a LAN that is connected to the internet through an
> "el cheapo" firewall/router.  I use a D-Link, Madhur
> uses a Netgear.  When we send packets from a remote
> machine though the netbsd router to the firewall,
> they never come back.	  I think it is because the
> firewall/router is not a real router, but assumes
> that all packets coming to it are destined for the
> local network.  It doesn't know what to do with
> packets that are supposed to be forwarded to another
> router.

  We have never connected to the Internet through anything but an "el
  cheapo" firewall/router. The CD-ROM will set up NAT on the ethernet
  for you. If the CD-ROM you are using does not let you do that, throw
  it away.

  I have put a new (13 Jul 2003) version of the software onto the website.
  I sent Madhur the files I use for development last night.