[Cu-wireless] FYI: new software on website

David Young dyoung at pobox.com
Sun Aug 3 02:09:01 CDT 2003

I have put a new edition of the bootable ISO9660 image on the website,
dated 13 Jul 2003. It fixes innumerable bugs and adds some new
features. Three notable fixes & features are these:

  The ISO9660 image is much smaller. I think that it can be burned to
  a mini CD-RW, now.

  I have fixed a bug where an ethernet interface attached to an Internet
  gateway would get stuck in the "LAN" mode if its router boots before
  the Internet gateway. Now an ethernet interface will switch to the "WAN"
  mode after a spell. This will improve the reliability of our IMC node.

  The CD-ROM boots on the serial port so that one can use a laptop as
  the console for headless systems. This will simplify troubleshooting
  and debugging in the field.

My development environment (patch sets, build scripts, et cetera) is
available for the asking. I will publish it on the website just as soon
as I have written some documentation.