[Cu-wireless] buying stuff

Matt Peterson matt at peterson.org
Fri Apr 9 16:23:58 CDT 2004

On Fri, Apr 09, 2004 at 03:55:29PM -0500, Zachary C. Miller wrote:

> 50 x Reliawave DT-ODE-8585 Outdoor Pole Mount Enclosure Kit

Personally, I build my own boxes (since its cheap).. see a very out of
date paper <http://www.barwn.org/docs/BARWN_outdoor_router.pdf>

Thompson @ Netgear will give you a break, mention the project.

> 40 x Soekris net4511-30

Contact Soren (owner, BIOS programmer, god), again, mention the project,
highlight you're using BSD (ie: clueful people on-board), price will
drop.

> 50 x pigtails
>    I haven't gotten a quote back from rfparts.com. I will call them.
>    guess: $20 ($1000)

Might want to ping ElectroComm <http://www.ecommwireless.com/> or buy
them direct from the source RF Industries in San Diego.

> 50 x 8 dBi antenna
>    I haven't gotten a quote back from netnimble.com yet. I will call them.
>    base price: $50 from netnimble.com. ($2500)

Try EC above, also Superpass.com (+ mounting gear).

> 1 x Shielded Outdoor Cat5
>    http://netnimble.net/sheiloutcat.html
>    $319 for 1000 feet. We may not need this now.

Your local Greybar might have this cheaper (when factoring in shipping
costs) <http://wiki.barwn.org/index.php/OutdoorEthernet>

--
Matt Peterson         another.geek.without.a.life
matt at peterson.org       http://matt.peterson.org/