[Cu-wireless] grant we should apply for:

Sascha Meinrath sascha at ucimc.org
Wed Feb 18 12:35:25 CST 2004

hi all,

please read this over -- i think we stand as good a chance as anyone of
getting this.  i will follow up within the college of communications.

a letter of intent is due march 10th, full proposals by may 17th.

is there interest among this group (especially the academics among us)?

--sascha

***

Program Title:

    Partnerships for Innovation (PFI)
    Program Solicitation

Synopsis of Program:

    The goals of the Partnerships for Innovation Program are to: 1)
stimulate the transformation of knowledge created by the national research
and education enterprise into innovations that create new wealth, build
strong local, regional and national economies and improve the national
well-being; 2) broaden the participation of all types of academic
institutions and all citizens in NSF activities to more fully meet the
broad workforce needs of the national innovation enterprise; and 3)
catalyze or enhance enabling infrastructure necessary to foster and
sustain innovation in the long-term. To develop a set of ideas for
pursuing these goals, this competition will support 15-25 promising
partnerships among academe, state/local/federal government and the private
sector that will explore new approaches to support and sustain innovation.

Partnerships for Innovation
Type : Program Announcements & Information
Subtype : Computer/Information Sciences