[CUWiN] Champaign's "free" wireless.

David Young dyoung at pobox.com
Thu Sep 6 17:35:35 CDT 2007

On Thu, Sep 06, 2007 at 05:22:14PM -0400, Sascha Meinrath wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I've been following this for several months and figure that I'd pass this along
> since it's now public.  I would certainly like to know more about the specifics
> as actually implemented.

Requires a sign-in (thus less convenient than existing hotspots),
heavily filtered (SSH does not even work), not much of an improvement
(insofar as anyone wants to use WiFi outdoors, it already "bled" from
coffeeshops and restaurants).

The telephony & "triple-play" aspect is interesting, but I saw no signs
of it the first (and last) time I signed-on experimentally.

dyoung at ojctech.com      Urbana, IL * (217) 278-3933 ext 24