[Gas] major new update

Zachary C. Miller wolfgang at wolfgang.groogroo.com
Fri Jun 8 05:17:55 CDT 2001

Alright, I think I've addressed all of Sigfried's debugging concerns
in Gas along with some of my own.

Here's a couple examples:

http://gas.cu.groogroo.com/cgi-bin/example.cgi?to=bad_db&debug=1
http://gas.cu.groogroo.com/cgi-bin/example.cgi?to=get_data&debug=1

The major changes are:

color coding on the warnings output to make it easier to visually
parse the parts of the stack trace.

report all SQL queries as warnings so that they are reported with a
stack trace as with other warnings. move SQL query reporting out of
DB::Base and into DBManager (which now has its own wrappers for
prepare, do, and quote). Only report these when in debug mode.

remove Bob(?)'s code for printing SQL queries as it was redundant and
used evil global variables.

report DBI trace() output to the browser when in debug mode.

removed a completely gratuitous call to $Apache::AuthDBI::DEBUG = 2 or
somesuch. Why was that put in there? What did you think it would do?
That is almost certainly more appropriate in some other place (like a
startup.pl) if anywhere. Global variables should not be set in the run
time code of Gas applications because they will get "stuck" across
mod_perl runs.

I made a bunch of formatting/indentation changes.

I get the feeling we still aren't all using the same formatting
standard.

My emacs is set to use spaces rather than tabs on all indentation and
my indent level is set to 4.