[Imc-events] [event] The Skeleton Danse is this Friday!

Jason Pitzl-Waters jpitzl at wildhunt.org
Thu Oct 24 10:40:08 CDT 2002

Friday October 25th
 From 8pm-12am

Celebrate Halloween with the Skeleton Danse!
http://www.wildhunt.org/skeleton/
U-C's all-ages Gothic and Darkwave dance event

Featuring special guest DJs:

DJ Admortem and DJ Rickbats from St. Louis
Check out the website of their monthly dance night Synthetic Void!
http://www.rosemortem.com/postmortem/syntheticvoid/

Special All Hallow's treats:
* goody bags at the door for all Skeleton Danse list members
(not a member yet? go to: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sdanse/ )
* a peek at the future for 4 lucky winners of our tarot reading giveaway
(entry details will be at the door when you arrive!)
* a gothic fashion show with the dark designs of St. Louis designer, Rose
Mortem.
Get a sneak peek at her work at http://www.rosemortem.com
all the models will be local scene members, show starts at 9:30 pm
(between DJ sets on the main dance floor)

As always, our local goth DJ's
* Czyrxis (Trae, resident Goth DJ for the Assembly) 8 - :45
* DJ Zozo (Jason, host of "TheSkysGoneOut") 8:45 - 9:30
will be warming up the dance floor for our first two sets of the night
and
* the first twenty people to arrive will get a FREE Skeleton Danse mix CD
of hot new Gothic and Darkwave tracks picked by this months guest DJs!

Last month's first-ever Skeleton Danse brought out over 70 people from
multiple scenes - we are expecting over 100 people for our Halloween bash
(people have all ready written from the St. Louis, Chicago and Indy
scenes
to let us know they will be there!) so don't miss what promises to be a
night to remember!

The event is held @
The Independent Media Center
218 W. Main St, Urbana, IL
(that is right next to the Office bar in downtown Urbana)

The venue is all ages, and doesn't serve alcohol but *is* BYOB for you
drinkers.

Jason Pitzl-Waters