[Imc-events] "Why UNESCO Matters: Education, Science, and Culture Around the World" October 17 at 4:00 pm at the IMC Building, Urbana, IL

Jamie Storm gary_jamie at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 7 15:47:32 UTC 2013

Please feature this informative local program as widely as you can.
Thank you, Jamie Storm for UCGC

Subject: "Why UNESCO Matters: Education, Science, and Culture Around the World" October 17 at 4:00 pm at the IMC Building, Urbana, IL

The UNESCO Center for Global Citizenship (UCGC) in Urbana-Champaign is pleased to announce a panel discussion focusing on: Why UNESCO Matters.
The event will be held on Thursday October 17 at 4:00 pm at the IMC building in Urbana (202 S. Broadway Avenue, Urbana, IL 61801).

Experts from a variety of disciplines will discuss key issues ranging from global health education and wellness to digital inclusion.
We've attached a flier, so please share it widely.

Here's a quick glimpse of the panel and topics:

Juliet Iwelunmor (Worked at the UNESCO Culture, HIV and
AIDS focal point in Paris, France) Topic: Working at UNESCO and UNESCO and HIV and AIDS

Andrew Bauer (UIUC
Anthropology) & Helaine Silverman (UIUC CHAMP/Collaborative for Cultural Heritage
Management and Policy) Topic: UNESCO’s World Heritage program

 Martin Wolske (UIUC Center for Digital
Inclusion) Topic: UNESCO Inclusive Knowledge Society

Lynne Rudasill (International Federation of
Library Associations Governing Board) Topic:
UNESCO, digital heritage, and
open access to educational information

Our Moderator is Barbara Ford - (Member, US National
Commission for UNESCO)

Come and join us! This event is free and open to the public.

UCGC Committee