[Imc-fiscalissue] Fiscal statement position

meghan at ucimc.org meghan at ucimc.org
Wed May 25 16:41:24 CDT 2005

I too will have to miss the meeting tonight. One proposal could be
adopting the statement of the video group, though I'm sure that won't get
far at Steering so that's maybe not too proactive.

My suggestion for a rough starting place would be:
Because of our 501(c)3 status, the UC-IMC sometimes acts as a conduit
between funders and other IMCs. This is a service we provide only at the
request of these other organizations, and each IMC retains complete
autonomy and decision-making power regarding its finances. The Indymedia
network operates on principles of autonomy and non-hierarchy, and the
UC-IMC strongly affirms these principles.

but more elegant, perhaps.

-Meghan