[Imc-makerspace] Community Connections communication proposal

Chris Ritzo chris.ritzo at gmail.com
Mon Jul 19 18:12:04 CDT 2010

U-C IMC Open House - Aug 7, 2010     11am-2pm

The U-C IMC Community Connections group welcomes all working groups,
individual members, volunteers and community members to this year's
second U-C IMC open house! Saturday Aug. 7th from 11am-2pm.

This is an event to encourage mingling of U-C IMC working groups and
to welcome the community to see what we're all about. This a sort of
"U-C IMC Info Fair", where each working group has a small table or
area to promote their unique activities. The U-C IMC Open House is a
regular event to welcome and introduce new volunteers, staff and
visitors, as well as to promote the community spirit that connects us
all at the U-C IMC.

We need someone to represent your working group! Please contact the
Community Connections list (community at lists.ucimc.org) or reply
privately to this message to confirm if your working group can attend.
This will be a great opportunity to cultivate new members to your
group, as well as to support the U-C IMC overall.

We ask that you RSVP by July 30th so we can plan to have space for
your working group. Earlier notice gains our gratitude.

Minimally the person is responsible for representing the group and
answering questions, but ideally you'd also bring examples of what you
are currently up to, info on the group, or some sort of interesting
thing to look at.

Please let us know ASAP who will be your representative. (It needn't
be your spoke). Please don't ask individuals to represent multiple
groups- we want to spread the love, and be fully available to address
folks' questions.

Whether you are the representative or not, please swing through to see
what other workgroups are up to.

Hope to see you there!

Chris R - Community Connections