[Imc-makerspace] January Membership Meeting Minutes [1/22]

Derek Dagit derek at dagit.name
Sun Jan 22 22:24:11 CST 2012

Hi all,

I needed to manage my time more efficiently this weekend. I don't want to give the impression that the meeting was not important!  Arriving late and leaving early is not
my intention. Below are some informational mutterings about the mesh wifi group and other assorted items for those interested.

The mesh wifi group has a doodle poll out to a group of participants I've called the task force, made up of those who have participated semi-consistently or have expressed a lot of interest. We will meet in the next month to solidify the direction for the mesh group meetings this year.

Open hours have been inclusive and fun, but focused work on the project has suffered. We will consider what we can do to move the meeting to a time when other interested folks can join us. We will also consider adding a non-open-hours meeting time for dedicated work to the project we have going.

My leadership role in the group MAY change due to our move to Monticello.

Send me any comments regarding the mesh wifi group.

Also, awhile ago I took an action item to look at inventory tags and RFID-style management of equipment. I have not spent a lot of time on this in the last two months, but some directed discussion about inventory and acceptance policies for donations involving Chris and I have been good. That's all the relevant news I have on that so far.

Last, I'd love to create "smart maker spaces" as a systems concept, and develop it more with things like federated authentication (someone from any Makerspace can log onto our systems with their "home" Makerspace credentials) and other "cloud computing" ideas. Real pipe dream stuff I'm too busy for right now. Let me know if you have thoughts on it.

That's all. Thanks,
--
Derek