[Imc-makerspace] February Membership Meeting, Sunday, 6pm

Stewart Dickson mathartspd at gmail.com
Tue Feb 26 01:02:47 UTC 2013

Hi, Gergana,

Thanks for posting this -- it's huge!

Apologies for not making it to the Makerspace meeting.

I attended the IMC Programming Committee meeting on Saturday, took notes
and returned them to
Gary Storm and Danielle Chynoweth for elaboration.  I expect that I will
receive the final minutes back
from them soon and will forward them to the Makerspace.

They distributed a hardcopy 6-point draft of the roles and
responsibilities for the Programming Committee.
It is basically to communicate between the Working Groups and the IMC Board.

There are a couple of points relating to the Makerspace specifically
that I wanted to pass on right away.

Rachel L. Storm suggested a Makerspace vs. Fab Lab Geek/Maker competition

"How to organize your community against Drone surveillance" - a workshop
proposal for
the Allied Media Conference by Brian Dolinar.

See: UAV Identification Kit 001 by James Bridle
http://booktwo.org/notebook/uav-identification-kit
"...The kit was produced using 3D modeling software and desktop 3D
printing technologies..."

On 2/25/13 4:17 AM, Re: Open-Source UAV STL Models?  James Bridle wrote:
> Hi Stewart -
>
> All the models were already available on the internet, but some needed some tweaking to make them print properly. I'm afraid I don't have the models or originals to hand at the moment, but hope to make them available at some point.
>
> James
We should be able to "self-publish" a "friend-or-foe"-styled drone
identification kit using the 3D printer.

Cheers,

-Stewart