[Imc-makerspace] Ideas for educational programmable robot kits (for teens and adults)?

Colten Jackson jazzyjackson at gmail.com
Fri Dec 11 02:06:11 EST 2015

Blynk looks really interesting, especially if they support an Uno+ESP8266,
that wouldn't be expensive at all, but their documentation is lacking.

You could also combine TouchOSC iphone app would make it easy to build an
interface that tells a raspberry pi what to do, and the pigpio library
could let you control lots of servos, but I'm afraid I'm unhelpful in
pointing you in the direction of a particular kit.

I'd suggest looking at hackaday.io, there's a lot of fantastic hexapods and
robot arms that would be a great robotics project, just a few laser cuts
away:

Just one for instance:
https://hackaday.io/project/770-stubby-the-teaching-hexapod

Good luck :)