[Imc-midwest-regional] Intro

Jaime A Bailey songbird96 at lycos.com
Mon Nov 5 19:30:32 CST 2001

Hi
I'm Jaime from Oklahoma.  Chris and I are starting to form and IMC in OK.  I just subscribed to this list today, and I wanted to say that I am in support of a midwest regional IMC.  In my opinion, the IMC's would really benefit from this.  It's not a totalitarian tactic, it's just a way to bring people together on a larger level.  The aim for a midwest IMC based out of OK was far fetched, but we felt that in this four state region, it would be important to incorporate those that are in small towns or the suburbs into the IMC, because their voices ar unheard by local media.  As a small town resident, I identify with those feelings.  It is not to say that already existing IMC's should not be included.  With regional outreach in this area, there could be a network of sources for independently minded individuals to identify with.  Then, maybe more people will find it easier to form local IMC's.  For people living in cities, I think it is harder for them to identify with the difficu
lty of just finding like minded people in their area, the population density almost guarantees that.  We must keep in mind that the midwest is often called the Bible Belt for a reason, and those that do not take the same political stance as the majority must find some sort of common ground.  A midwest IMC is a good start.
Peace
-Jaime

http://clubs.lycos.com/live/events/september11.asp