[Imc-newsroom] imc headline news

Paul Riismandel p-riism at uiuc.edu
Wed Feb 14 11:56:41 CST 2001

IMCs are producing the headline news for LiveWire, the daily news currently
aired on WEFT at 5:00pm for the month of February.  This is something we
could participate in, perhaps to the tune of a 1 min. story a week or so --
kind of like what Brent et al  did for INN.   Here is a note about it from
the global indymedia site.  I just signed up for their mailing
list--someone else might want to, too.
--------

The IMC Audio Team is proud to announce a new project in collaboration with
the National Radio Project:
A New Weekly Five Minute Headlines Report!

The National Radio Project (producers of the hard hitting nationally
syndicated weekly program "Making Contact") has announced a 4-week pilot of
their new daily "Live Wire Independent News" for February. The IMC Audio
Team has agreed to produce one five-minute headlines segment once a week
for the duration of the 4 weeks. The pilot will be aired on community radio
stations and some NPR affiliates around the country, and hopefully will
become a daily staple for the politically savvy and not so savvy alike.

Our intention with taking on this exciting new project was to first:

~Create an organizing structure that we can use for longer term
collaborative radio projects, and

~Involve IMC enthusiasts from other mediums and serve as a free
advertisement to those not yet involved in the IMC network. After all,
anyone can be an IMC reporter!

So grab your audio recorder or pen and paper and bring this country the
real news from those that are affected by it. Send in reports from the
streets, recordings of revolutionaries on the front lines of the new
protest movement, or write up the latest peoples' headlines that either
didn't make it in the corporate media, or were compromised by the power of
corporate funding.

This is a collaborative project, so your participation is greatly
appreciated in making this all happen! If you would like to be involved in
shaping this network, please subscribe to
radio-headlines at lists.indymedia.org, or just drop us a note at the same address.