[Imc-newsroom] Submitting to Free Speech Radio News

Paul Kotheimer herringb at prairienet.org
Tue Jun 19 12:32:15 CDT 2001

howdy friends:

here's what i've learned so far about submitting to Free Speech Radio
News:

Contact person for features (5 minutes max.) = Aaron Glatz (916)705-7528.
he's really busy in the mid-day.  he would rather see a script and be able
to tweak it than audition a finished MP3--i wish i had known that before i
tracked the voiceovers and uploaded the finished piece!!

Meinrath, i'm shaking my fist at you.  but i'll forgive you some day ;>

Our website can upload a 56kbps MP3, but not a 64kbps MP3.  This means
your finished product will be losing a little bit of clarity and quality
as it transfers over the internet.  --this little nugget of information
took me an hour to glean, but now you have it at your fingertips.

I've asked the imc-tech team to try and make it possible to upload higher
band-width MP3's.  and i've asked for training as to how to transfer .wav
files directly from our hard drive to theirs.  Paul R. says imc-tech is
working on having another server at the IMC soon (like tomorrow!) to help
with these sorts of distro/syndication issues.

i will try and get an e-mail address from FSRN and a protocol for
submitting scripts.  hopefully this process will be smoother next time.
cross your fingers, as with any luck the piece i did will pass muster, and
we'll get that $150 production honorarium.

lastly, speaking of the money, it'd be nice if the IMC took less than its
50% cut on this first submission to FSRN (if it's broadcast, that is), as
i'm doing a lot of trail-blazing this time, which it seems fair to
compensate me for.  how about 60%=$90 PK, 20%=$30 Sandra (who provided the
raw audio for the piece), and 20%=$30 IMC?

paulk:)otheimer
THE HAND-MADE RECORD LABEL
www.handmaderecords.com

c/o the School for Designing a Society