[Imc-newsroom] IL Gun legislation proceeds

Peter Miller peterm at shout.net
Fri Mar 16 10:01:51 CST 2001

Most of the state legislature's work happens during the next couple
months.  The pro-gun control group Million Mom March is tracking several
bills in the legislature.  This would be a good story to track, given the
strength of the pro-gun groups around here, and the courage one needs to be
"targeted" by the pro-gun fanatics.  (During his congressional race, Tim
Johnson commented that people care about two things around here, one is
keeping their guns.  I don't recall what the other was.)

-Peter