[Imc-newsroom] Midwest Music Summit Looking for bands and advertisers

J. Charles jcharles at purdue.edu
Sun May 12 22:54:42 CDT 2002

Hi,
I don't know if this is up your alley or not, but I'm trying to help
promote this event, and recently surfed across your site. I'm attaching
both the band submission information as well as advertising info. I was at
this event last year and it was a lot of fun, if you have any questions
regarding what it's all about, check the website:
www.midwestmusicsummit.com or drop me some e-mail.

thanks,
Jesse

Midwest Music Summit Looking for bands.
The 2nd Annual Midwest Music Summit is rapidly approaching. The 2002 MMS
will be held in Indianapolis, IN August 8-11. We are in the process of
accepting artist submissions for this years showcases. If you would like to
submit your band for inclusion in our event, go to
www.midwestmusicsummit.com and click the showcase application link on the
main page. HURRY, the deadline is May 31, 2002.
If you have questions please read the FAQ page before emailing.
The MMS is open to all genres of music.
For more information visit.
www.midwestmusicsummit.com

----------------

Midwest Music Summit Advertising Opportunities for 2002

Its time for the 2nd Annual Midwest Music Summit. This year the conference
will be held August 8-11th in Indianapolis, IN. All panels and workshops
along with the all new exhibitor hall will take place at the Adam's Mark
Hotel Downtown. Last year thousands of music industry representatives along
with hundreds of bands/artist converged on Indy for one of the most
succesful conferences in Midwest history.
Don't get left out again this year, our deadlines are approaching quickly!!!
Brought to you by:

2002 MMS Directory - DEADLINE JULY 1, 2002
The 2002 Midwest Music Summit Directory is a great way to gain longterm
visibility. The Directory is divided into several sections including:
event schedules, registrants and important MMS information. The MMS
Directory is a reference that is used all year-round. Space in this years
directory is starting to fill up.
---1/4 Page (b/w) $100.00
---1/4 Page (color) $200.00
---1/2 Page (b/w) $300.00
---1/2 Page (color) $400.00
---Full Page (b/w) $700.00
---Full Page (color) $900.00
---Inside Back Cover (color) $1,300.00
---Inside Front Cover (color) $1,500.00

2002 MMS Exhibition Hall & Trade Show - Investment: $500.00 - JULY 1, 2002
(SPACE IS FILLING UP)
The exhibition area will be set up in the beautiful Monument Hall Ballroom
on the lower level of the Adam's Mark Hotel (directly next to the
registration area). Set up a booth and present your company to all of the
registrants as they pass through during panels and registration. This is a
great opportunity to network and gather potential customer information. This
years vendor space includes:
---6ft x 6ft vendor area including table and chairs
---Backdrop area available upon request (you must notify us if you have
banners that need to put up)
---2 full registrations to the 2002 MMS
---1 insert in the MMS Promo Bag
---Special Notations: Electric is available for an additional fee, please
contact us with your requirements. Setup is Thursday 8/7 after 5 PM and
Friday 8/8 from 6-8 AM. Teardown is Saturday 8/9 from 7pm-8pm.

MMS Pocket Guide & Map - Investment: $2000.00 - DEADLINE JULY 1, 2002
This guide has proven to be one of the most effective promotional items to
sponsor. It is in everyone's pocket all weekend long. You take it
everywhere. A condensed, but comprehensive listing of all showcases and
event information. The Pocket Guide also includes a full scale map of the
city to help you find your way around. Reserve your space today.
Pocket Guide & Map Sponsorship Includes:
---Coupon or advertisement in Pocket Guide
---Logo placement on outside of Pocket Guide
---1 insert in the MMS Promo Bag
---1 booth space at the trade show & exhibition hall
---1 full registration to the 2002 MMS

MMS Promo Bag Inserts - DEADLINE JULY 1, 2002
The Promo Bag is one of the most sought after items at the convention. A bag
full of free stuff. Who can resist? Promo Bags are given to each registrant
as they check in. Insert your CD, postcard, flyer, sticker or business card
into the bag. All items must be 12" x 12" or smaller. A minimum of 2000 of
each insert must be provided.

---Stickers, Postcards, Business Cards $150.00
---Flyers, Brochures, Publications $200.00
---CD's, Cassettes, Videos $300.00
---Records, T-shirts $350.00

MMS CD Sampler - Investment: $300.00 - DEADLINE JULY 1, 2002
One of the most effective tools for an emerging act. The 2002 CD Sampler is
a double compact disc that will include 24 tracks of artists from all over
the world. CD samplers are inserted into all Promo Bags and are given out
randomly at showcase events. The track must be on DAT or CD and must include
the following information: artist name, track title, running time,
publishing company, contact name, phone number, web address, e-mail and
cover art from the release it was taken. The majority of this information
will appear on the artwork for the sampler. All tracks must be under five
minutes. All music must be approved by the Midwest Music Summit.
MMS CD Sampler Sponsorship - Investment: $2,000.00 - DEADLINE JULY 1, 2002
Get your company's name and logo on the disc that will be played all
throughout the year. Your logo will be featured prominently on the disc and
on the digipak artwork for the 2002 MMS CD Sampler (call for sample).
MMS CD Sampler Sponsorship includes:

---2 full registrations to the 2002 MMS
---1/2 page advertisement in the MMS Directory
---Logo on CD and digipak artwork
---1 Insert in the MMS Promo Bag
Music Workshop - Investment: $2000.00 - DEADLINE JULY 1, 2002
Perfect for the instrument manufacturer, retailer or distributor. These
intimate sessions give you a prime opportunity to display you products,
demonstrate how the work and have a Q & A session with the audience.
The Music Workshop Package includes:
1 room for the workshop (seating capacity 70-100, also available in the
exhibition hall)
Podium, microphone and power 2
8' display tables
4 full registrations to the 2002 MMS
1 vendor space at the trade show & exhibition hall
1 insert in the MMS Promo Bag
VIP Party - Investment: $3000.00 - DEADLINE JULY 1, 2002
The best way to create a buzz at the MMS is with the VIP Party Package. Host
a party at one of the hottest venues in Indianapolis and call it your own
for three full hours. The best part is we do all the work. All you have to
do is invite people to come out.
The VIP Party Package includes:

---Venue, production, lighting and talent (DJ or band)
---4 full registrations to the 2002 MMS
---$1000 bar/food credit
---1/2 page advertisement in the MMS Directory
---1 insert in the MMS Promo Bag
---Signage at the venue
---Open to the public or by invitation only (we provide the invites or
flyers)
Deadline for all artists/bands to submit music for showcases is MAY 31, 2002
No Exceptions.
For more information or if you are interested in sponosoring our event
please contact our sales office.
Thanks,
Josh Baker
Josh Baker