[Imc-radio] Prioritized list for video

Paul Bengt Riismandel p-riism at ad.uiuc.edu
Wed Aug 27 09:52:14 CDT 2003

Here is the prioritized list for the video group grant request,
according my little tiny brain.

I would say that items 1 - 5 are the most important to us - total:
$1225.  These items will greatly aid us in doing field recording,
including events and interviews.  The shotgun mic will be especially
useful in doing breaking news and large event (like protest) coverage.
The multi-system converter will be used in our exchange of programs with
other IMCs and video activist groups, many of which are outside the US
and don't have good access to multi-format equipment.

The mixer would be used for installation shoots, like when we recorded
the Prompting Theater's performance of Phantom of the Opera.

The video monitor and switcher are for use in the production room, where
we need to know what our productions will look like on a regular TV, and
also have the growing need to switch between devices without having to
swap cables, which causes wear and tear and cable failures.

Again, I would be glad to accept modifications to this priority list
from the video group.

1. Portable wireless microphone system: $175

2. On-camera shotgun microphone: $175

3. Multi-system converter VCR (for handling tapes from outside the US):
$425

4. Portable audio mixer: $150

5. Digital Video to Analog Video Bridge/Converter: $300

6. Broadcast quality video monitor: $400

7. 2 Field interview microphones (EV 635a): $250

8. High-quality Video Switcher: $625

Total: $2500

--paul

  _____