[Imc-radio] subsites & main page:

Clint Popetz cpopetz at cpopetz.com
Fri Jan 10 12:06:15 CST 2003

On Fri, Jan 10, 2003 at 11:35:12AM -0600, Sascha Meinrath wrote:
> i was just wondering why we would create another subsite for radio news
> instead of posting things on to the main website.  if the subsite is more
> of a sandbox (for uploading pieces in progress, needed files, etc.), that
> might make sense, but i think finished pieces should be posted on the main
> newswire.  this is the first i'd heard of a new site and am just seeking
> clarification.

We wanted a single place where people can go to obtain archives of the
radio show, a la FSRN and DM.  Right now they have to do a media
search on the main site, and then find the IMC shows among other audio
(Shortwave report, etc.) uploads.   The global site already has a
radio.indymedia.org, so there is also some synergy here.

The site would also do things like (a) advertise when local issues are
obtaining coverage on FSRN and Making Contact, and archive copies of
those shows, (b) provide links to background information for each
radio feature, and (c) have a place for people to throw audio of
events they have covered, for eventual production.

				-Clint