[Imc-radio] JOB ANNOUNCE: Production Posistion for Making Contact & NRP (fwd)

Sascha Meinrath sascha at ucimc.org
Tue Nov 11 10:44:03 CST 2003

FYI:

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2003 10:26:31 -0800
From: Aimee Pomerleau <apomerleau at radioproject.org>
To: Aimee Pomerleau <apomerleau at radioproject.org>
Subject: JOB ANNOUNCE: Production Posistion for Making Contact & NRP

from Lisa Rudman, Executive Director NRP [sorry for cross-postings]

Hello friends: Back in July Phillip Babich, Managing Producer, announced his
desire to try new things after 7 great years at the National Radio Project
and "Making Contact." Since then we've been engaged in restructuring the
roles in the Prod. Dept. We'll miss Phillip --- and we're asking him to
join our great pool of freelance producers so you'll probably still hear him
on our programs.

We're also excited about searching for someone to join production staffer
Aimee Pomerleau. Aimee is being promoted to Director of Production and
Training after this past year of fabulous work. This new hire (below)
along with
Aimee, other staff, volunteers, interns, and freelance journalists, will be
able to build on our great past and helping us to propell into the future of
Making Contact, ElectionWatch'04 and our other projects! Thanks for
spreading the word. --Lisa Rudman, Executive Director NRP

The announcement is prettier as an attachment but also here in body:

JOB POSTING

The National Radio Project (NRP), a 10-year old, non-profit, independent
media group, seeks a highly motivated individual with advanced radio
journalism skills and managerial experience to join our team as a full-time
Executive Producer based in the San Francisco/Oakland Bay Area. NRP is
committed to high quality reporting on critical public affairs trends and
issues while highlighting voices, perspectives, and solutions not often
heard in mass media. The Making Contact series is currently aired by 160
radio stations in the U.S., Canada, and South Africa.

The Executive Producer will co-produce the internationally syndicated weekly
radio series Making Contact and it’s ElectionWatch’04 editions; supervise
the Director of Production and Training and co-produce programs with her;
function as an assignment editor for contributing freelance journalists from
around the world; manage and build the production capacity and quality of
the National Radio Project. The position reports to the Executive Director
of National Radio Project / International Media Project.

Responsibilities and tasks include:
Record, edit, write, host, mix segments and whole documentary programs:
collaborate with other staff and community based organizations to produce
programs.

Editorially frame and coordinate programs while managing pitches from
freelancers and input from NRP staff and community partners, together with
the Director of Production and Training.

Manage budget and studio Facilities.

Work with the Executive Director to develop financial resources and assist
with overall organizational development strategic planning and marketing.

Help develop the web platform for program delivery and organizational
activity.

Assist the Director of Production and Training in the supervision and
development of technical personnel as well as production interns and
trainees.

Qualifications
5 years working in the field of radio journalism
3 years supervising and coaching
able to work under deadline pressure
strong interviewing, writing, and digital audio editing skills
strong verbal communication skills
enthusiastic about working in a team environment

Preferred Candidate will possess
Ability to speak languages in addition to English
Familiarity with the public radio field and with community-based
organizations
Public speaking skills

NRP is committed to workforce diversity. Qualified applicants will receive
full consideration without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, HIV status, physical ability or national origin

How to apply
Send via POSTAL MAIL a cover letter, resume, 3 references, a radio script
writing sample and an audio sample of your work CD or cassette to Executive
Director Lisa Rudman, 1714 Franklin St. Box 100-251 Oakland, CA 94612
Starting Salary Range $37k—41 depending on experience.