[Imc-radio] Needing Help to Continue; Next Meeting, 11am, Tuesday, June 22

Mike Lehman rebelmike at earthlink.net
Tue Jun 15 14:18:24 CDT 2004

Dave,
Just so there's no confusion, the IMC Radio group (which does the news on WEFT currently) and WRFU are two separate groups. Paul K's _proposal_ for WRFU to take over the Radio group's news production is something that really doesn't seem workable right now from the WRFU end (in my opinion), except on an individual basis, although I will bring it up at tonight's WRFU meeting.

I'm sure that the Radio group would be glad to have you help, if they choose to continue producing the news for WEFT. I'm also certain that WRFU would welcome your help, too.

Right now, WRFU is concentrating on fundraising, station equipment spec-ing/design, and outreach. However, I would strongly encourage anyone participating in WRFU who wants to get some hands-on production and news experience to get involved with the Radio group in order for it to continue. Such skills are somewhat perishable, so it is important to keep the Radio group going if at all possible.

I'm cc-ing this to the WRFU list, in part so that people on it will be reminded that the Radio group is a great opportunity to learn useful skills, especially of they want to get on the air now, rather than waiting 6-12 months to do so at WRFU.
Mike Lehman

PS It's unfortunate that the Radio group meeting time changed without a public announcement, as we had announced the original meeting time at last week's WRFU public info meeting. It's possible that some WRFU people may have shown up at the originally announced 1-2pm meeting time. According to the minutes of today's Radio group meeting, next week's meeting will also be at 11am on Tuesday at the IMC, so I am cc-ing this to the WRFU list. I will try to confirm future meeting times and forward them to the WRFU list.