[Imc-radio] a little disappointed in the radio meeting change(?) today

Paul Riismandel p-riism at ad.uiuc.edu
Tue Jun 15 17:46:45 CDT 2004

I'm a little disappointed that the radio meeting today was mysteriously
changed to an earlier time than advertised, without any notice to at
least the IMC list. I understand that several people came by for the
meeting after the time it actually happened, during a raging downpour.

I wasn't one of them, but we made an effort at last week's first public
RFU meeting to really encourage people to attend imc-radio as a way to
get started right away in radio production. It's kind of tough for them
to get involved when the meeting they were promised doesn't exist.

I don't know if any of the new RFU people were amongst those who showed
up for the non-meeting, but I will feel bad if they were, since I made
the call and personal exhortation at the RFU meeting.

I understand that the radio group is tapped out, and I don't intend to
heap more crap on y'all. However, if there is going to be any
expectation that other interested people are going to find you and get
involved, there has to be some regularly known scheduled meetings to
the group can at least be accessible.  That is the minimum fundamental
responsibility of every working group, and is in each group's best
experience if you want to have a chance of not being tapped out.

Might I ask/recommend that the radio group really publicize their next
meeting, and orient it towards new people. it would make sense to post
it to the RFU list or ask me to forward it on.

Thanks,

Paul