[Imc-radio] another request

Danielle Chynoweth chyn at ojctech.com
Tue Mar 9 15:20:16 CST 2004

Odine, If you have concerns about the way your piece was edited - or
editing processes generally, please attend the 5:30 meeting tonight to
discuss.

As producer, I have the responsibility to keep everything within 29
minutes (and yet is was still 31 minutes!).  Ariel had breaking news that
I squeezed in.  I cut a commentary from this week altogether as it is.  I
don't know any news outlet where the producer does not have the right to
cut parts of a piece to keep it under time.  If we want to be a different
kind of news outlet we will need to talk about it. I am truely sorry my
cuts upset you, but I don't know what the alternative was Sunday at 11 PM
when I edited the show.  If you can think of a way I could have done it
differently please attend the meeting and let me know.

- Danielle