[Imc-radio] headlines

Sarah Lazare glue83 at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 26 23:10:15 CST 2004

hi all, i am really sorry i did not send this email out sooner - our
computer crashed and the springfield library is closed today, so i had no
way to use the internet (we finally got the puter fixed).  here are the
headline ideas i have:

the ukranian elections

an african american man in springfield who was accused of bank robbery, and
held in prison for weeks, was just released, due to the fact that there was
no evidence against him.  it turns out the state defendent hadn't even
looked at his case - he would have been held for much longer if a friend of
his had not made an appeal to the defendent.  this is a clear example of
court racism, and i know the people involved.

sunni boycott against iraq elections

the upcoming afta talks in tucson arizona - here is an exerpt from
us.indymedia.org:
The U.S. is embarking on yet another mission of economic terrorism. A new
bi-lateral trade agreement between America and three South American
countries – Colombia, Ecuador and Perú – will be hashed out in Tucson,
Arizona. The AFTA talks will be held from November 30 through December 4th.

surge of violence in darfur, sudan

question of palestinian leadership

these topics sound ok?  i will write type them out and send them tomorrow
afternoon.  do you still want me to do a call in - cuz i am still totally
down.  my little brother said that he would also read some headlines, so we
could could get an additional voice on the air.  if you have any questions,
please feel free to call me on my cell phone at 217-816-2918.

hope everyone had a good thanksgiving!!

sarah