[Imc-radio] two adhoc working groups

Zachary C. Miller zach at chambana.net
Wed May 25 07:35:14 CDT 2005

I have created open email lists for two ad-hoc working groups created
at the last steering meeting. Please join these lists if you are
interested in these discussions.

NOTE: The group to discuss language and perceptions of our fiscal
sponsorship status will be meeting TONIGHT at 6pm! If you can not make
the meeting please send your thoughts. I will bring an overview of the
global communications about this issue, the local concerns from
Steering, and the Video Groups statement.

The BOD issue group has not set a meeting time and does not have many
members. Please definitely consider joining this group and joining our
discussion about a meeting time.

It would be nice if we could resolve these issues in a timely manner
but that will require the participation of folks with a variety of
concerns so that those concerns can be reflected in the final output
of these groups which will save us time in Steering when these groups
issue their reports/suggestions. Please if you can not meet with these
groups DO send position statements, comments, suggestions, proposals
to the lists for the groups so they can be archived and included in
our meeting discussions.

Please see the Steering Minutes for information about these groups:
http://lists.chambana.net/mailman/archive/imc/2005-May/005698.html

Particularly here are the consensus decisions that created these two
groups:

BOD Issue -

Proposal: We need to create a definition of how board members operate,
what they're authorized to do, and we need to discuss our structures
and not people. What are the consequences if a board member operates
outside of the guidelines? We will create an ad hoc group to look into
this and report back to steering. We need to understand what the legal
guidelines the Board of Directors operates under in order to do
this. This group should specifically address how to handle legal
requests and subpoenas. Part of this discussion should include the
possibility of steering being the venue for authorizing Board Members
to take action. The group will create a report for steering by July
7th and a proposal for membership. This group will consider the
possibility of the IMC getting professional legal advice on these
matters. CONSENSED.

Fiscal Issue -

Proposal: A group of people be empowered to come up with a boilerplate
sentence that we use to describe our fiscal sponsorship situation. The
same group will develop a web page that describes this
situation. Report back to next meeting June 2nd. Wednesday at
6pm. Zach will facilitate the group. CONSENSED.

--
Zachary C. Miller - @= - http://zach.chambana.net/