[Imc-tech] A/V modification

Paul Riismandel p-riism at uiuc.edu
Mon Jan 15 00:51:21 CST 2001

In that case, I may be inclined to run one pair of XLR and one pair of
coax.  Coax is more easily adaptable to both video AND RF (such as radio or
cable), and can also be used for line-level audio feeds (like a line-level
board out, but not microphones) as long as the runs are relatively
short--the run from the back audio console to the production studio would
be short enough.

Decent 50 ohm coax is pretty cheap, maybe .07-.10 a foot, and the
connectors are dirt-cheap, so I think this is a more flexible solution (and
cheaper) than running 4 lines of XLR.

Comments?

--Paul