[Imc-tech] ftp on file server?

Paul Riismandel p-riism at uiuc.edu
Tue Jun 19 12:44:35 CDT 2001

How difficult (or stupid) would it be to put an ftp server on our
fileserver?  Would we be just overloading the box?

Right now it is difficult to distribute broadcast-quality mp3s (as you saw
in Paul K's post earlier) and having a ftp site would make it easier.

On the Real Audio front, the specs for the server say that 128 MB of RAM is
recommended.  I don't know why, and I'm not sure how true it is (my server
at work has 256).  Do we want to give it a shot anyway?

Also, apparently Zach has RealServer running on groogroo.  So we could do
some streaming off there too.  I need to get the details from Zach.

--Paul