[Imc-tech] Tech Mtg Notes 1-9-02

Brett Peugh bpeugh at prairienet.org
Thu Jan 10 08:39:28 CST 2002

On Wed, 9 Jan 2002, Paul Riismandel wrote:

> U-C IMC Tech Mtg. 1-9-02
> Present: Paul, Brian, Clint, Ray, KJ, Dan, Rob, Amy, Zach
>
> Center for Women in Transition Documentary Project:
> Raymond Wilson is starting a documentary project on the Center for Women in
> Transition, of which he is a board member.  Would like to collaborate with
> the IMC, with IMC volunteers participating in all aspects of the
> production.  He hopes to use BetacamSP pro video equipment from Parkland
> where he will be a video student -- not sure about post-production/editing
> equipment.  He plans for the documentary to be about 30 minutes, and will
> also produce some PSAs. All are for air on UPTV, other public access TV,
> submission to film festivals and other distribution.  The documentary is
> not yet begun, so collaborators have a real opportunity to help shape it.
>
> There was basic consensus that this sounds like a good project, although
> there is noone present at the meeting who immediately has the time to
> donate to it.  We suggest that Ray make an announcement to the larger IMC
> community via the e-mail list and make personal contact with the news group
> which has produced radio documentary.  Also suggest that he call a meeting
> at the IMC to gather interested collaborators.

i might have some time and i have a canon gl1 3ccd minidv camcorder.  i am
also in americorps and know a few of the americorps members that work out
there. i also should be getting an apple powerbook when they realease the
new model in a few months and could edit on that using final cut pro 3 to
help out.