[Imc-tech] RE: [Imsahp-users] DSL update

Zachary C. Miller wolfgang at wolfgang.groogroo.com
Tue Aug 19 15:48:35 CDT 2003

When coordinating such switch please keep in mind:

1) We are sharing bandwidth with several houses via CU-Wireless, make
sure that's in the AUP.

2) We will probably not be able to use the IMC's current DSL router
with McLeod or other DSL providers so factor in the initial cost of a
new DSL connection when considering costs.

3) Think about other services such as VoloNet (contact
pfolk at gargtech.com) to get us away from the SBC empire of local copper.

Keep in mind also that the problem on my DSL line is VERY STRANGE. No
one can seem to debug it. No one knows what is causing it. Therein
lies my frustration. If soltec service at IMC is still reliable and if
you can negotiate a cheaper price it may still be the best deal in
town for a flexible AUP (sharing bandwidth and running servers OK),
for a business class DSL line. The problem I've been having with Sol
Tec is that their tech guy has to be called, he doesn't call you. I
find that unprofessional and frustrating but when I do call him he is
helpful. He's also definitely kind of a newbie wrt solving problems
but I can't tell if his failure to diagnose the problem is
incompetence or just an indicator of how super mega weird the problem
is. In the past I've had much better experiences with Sol Tec but that
could be either because the old techs were more competent OR because
the old problems were easier to solve.