[Imc-tech] IMC network restored

Zachary C. Miller zach at chambana.net
Wed Oct 13 16:12:19 CDT 2004

Yesterday, for at least 12 hours, all access to the internet via our
ISP, Sol Tec was interupted throughout town. I have not yet found out
the reason why from Sol Tec.

Rest assured that the outage of the chambana.net and UCIMC hosting
services yesterday was in no way related to the FBI's seizure of
international IMC servers. This was an outage at our local ISP that
affected all Sol Tec users all over town.

We are researching backup options for our netlink.

Unrelated to the outage, the network at the IMC has been out for a few
days because there was a power outage there and when the power came
back on the firewall machine didn't reboot properly. The firewall
machine needs to have a keyboard attached in order for it to boot up
and the keyboard was attached to the fileserver dewey.

This outage did not affect the chambana.net/UCIMC/groogroo server
which is not housed at the IMC.

--
Zachary C. Miller - @= - Vote for Greens for Champaign County Board!
  Zach Miller   - District 9 (Urbana)    - http://votezach.org