[Imc-tech] question re: imc net topology and wireless

Zachary C. Miller zach at chambana.net
Mon Sep 13 14:17:39 CDT 2004

> How much does a 4-port modem cost, and what brand is acceptable to IMC?
> (Some people swear by Netopia....)  Presumably the 1-port modem speaks
> only PPPoE, so plugging in a hub is not an option?

A hub ought to be an option. I don't think Sol Tec uses PPPoE.

> I've already tried that.  I need the help of some Debian wizard to get
> it right.  I think that the requisite kernel module is not loaded before
> my port-forwarding rule.  Presumably indie246 is a "spare" IP that is
> already routed to the firewall?

No. We have spare IPs but indie245 only answers to one IP address. We
could put an alias on it's ethernet interface so that it answers to
all the IP addresses and then port forward appropriately to things
behind the firewall. But we aren't doing that currently.