[Imc-tech] new spam control measures

Zachary C. Miller zach at chambana.net
Thu Jan 20 03:05:15 CST 2005

I have implemented greylisting on the mail server. What this does is
outright reject the first message sent to this server with a temporary
failure. Non-spam servers will attempt to resend the message a second
time automatically. Spam servers will give up right away.

This should MASSIVELY cut down the amount of spam that we get.

It also means that some messages may take 5-10 minutes to be delivered
where they used to be delivered almost immediately. As the greylist
gets populated with non-spam servers message deliveries from known
non-spam servers will go through quickly again. So have a little
patience and enjoy significantly reduced spam!

I will be taking further anti-spam measures soon.

If you suspect that mail you should be receiving is not getting
through and you have waited more than an hour for it and it still
hasn't arrived, please let me know. I need to know the sender's
address, your address, the subject line, and the approximate time the
message was sent. Thanks!

--
Zachary C. Miller - @= - http://zach.chambana.net/