[IMC-Tech] Tech Group Meeting Notes - 2006.02.08

daniel dan.blah at gmail.com
Fri Feb 10 12:12:22 CST 2006

Members Present - Tom, Bob, Josh, Wendy, Zack, Daniel

Agenda Items
Daniel proposed to have Insight Broadband install a 6Mbps down/1Mbps
up for $159 to replace the existing 3Mbps down/356Kbps up SBC DSL line
currently servicing the IMC.  This is the first step in bring the
chambana.net server to the new IMC facility. This proposal was agreed
along with the cost allowed if Insight is able to raise the upload to
2Mbps.  This proposal will be brought to the next steering meeting
this coming Thursday night at 8PM for final approval.

It was previously decided and reiterated that the location of the
chambana.net and acorn servers will be located in the "peep way" above
the post office where the WRFU transmitter is located.  It was also
suggested this may be the best location for the best insight point of
presence.

Following steering approval for new connectivity and installation, the
group will schedule a work meeting preferably the following Saturday
for the chambana.net migration to the IMC building.  During this
meeting bookkeeping issues will be discussed and hopefully resolved.
There was interest to handle bookkeeping by Andrew who should be
contacted.  If you have Andrew's contact info please forward this to
him.  If that does not work out Daniel can take on the responsibility.

It was decided that the tech group was in need of a lab and storage
area.  Following the tech meeting Daniel attended the space meeting
and it was decided the room dubbed the books for prisoners room will
be used for a tech lab and storage area.

It was decided to use the two donated p4 1.4Ghz boxes for upgrading
the video/audio production workstations.

If I am missing or incorrectly stated anything please let me know on
list.  Most all of this is from memory due to my shitty note taking.

--
Daniel