[IMC-Tech] Getting imap extension for php5 working on web server...

dan blah dan.blah at gmail.com
Wed Nov 8 21:31:54 CST 2006

thanks to matt we have a rocking new horde (http://www.horde.org/)
installation on our web server to be used by groups.  we wanted to get
the imp, the horde webmail interface, (http://www.horde.org/imp/)
working which is dependent on the imap extension for php5.  initially

[Wed Nov 08 20:58:47 2006] [info] mod_unique_id: using ip addr
192.168.11.11 PHP Warning: Method panda::__set() must take exactly 2
arguments in Unknown on line 0 [Wed Nov 08 20:58:48 2006] [notice] seg
fault or similar nasty error detected in the parent process

I solved the problem by editing /usr/local/etc/php/extensions.ini and
placing the lines for mysql, imap, and sockets at the end and in that
order:
extension=mysql.so
extension=imap.so
extension=sockets.so

I'm not sure if the conflict is only with those three, or with others
as well, but that fixes it.  We have other extensions that are
commented out do the same problem.  I am assuming something similar
will fix them if we end up needing them as well.

if you want to check out horde on our server let us know and we can
set you up an account at http://horde.chambana.net

--
Daniel