[IMC-Tech] Server Room Improvements...

dan blah dan.blah at gmail.com
Fri Nov 10 19:30:53 CST 2006

Hey all,
I wanted to get everyone in the loop about potential upcoming upgrades
to the server space provided by OJC (the main upstairs tenant).  OJC
is requesting use of the existing imc-tech server space in the spy
gallery.

The upgrade will include running new cable from the old OJC server
space to the server space inside of the spy gallery, installation of a
patch panel in the spy gallery, a ventilated rack, and installation of
a ventilation fan in the spy gallery.  OJC has offered to let imc-tech
and its projects (chambana.net, CUWiN, etc.) utilize available rack
and patch panel space provided it is not needed by OJC (there will be
available space).  This will help cleanly wire the upstairs offices
and existing servers as well as provide adequate security and
ventilation for the servers.  Again, OJC will be paying all costs.

Please add this to the next finance meeting agenda.  Also, I would
like to confer with Mike Lehman (in person?) about the current power
situation before next Thursday's meeting.  We need to decide on what
electrical work (if any) will need to be done.

Please raise any concerns or questions between now and next Thursday's
finance meeting.  If all goes well work will begin the Friday
following approval from Thursday's meeting.

--
Daniel